Winter

Winter

Saturday, June 05, 2010

June in My Garden - Poppies and a Date-iversary

Pin It
The red poppies that merrily re-seed themselves in my garden each year allow me no end to camera play.  Their petals are like rich, heavy satin gleaming in the sun; the pollen-laden stamens, a honeybee's nirvana.

I tweaked this photo in PhotoShop, bringing up the reds and yellows just to see what I could do. The almost artificial looking edges of the petals though, those are exactly as the camera caught them.  Unreal.

Mr CC and I will celebrate our 26th anniversary in a few weeks, but I think it deserves noting that today marks the day of our first date 28 years ago. And like the red-hot red of the poppy above, we're still pretty darn hot.

Garden Notes:
We had 4-plus inches of rain last week. Pounding rain, driving rain. This does not make for happy flowers.
I hope the weather has been good in your garden.




© Copyright 2006-2010, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

Maki said...

Wow! What a beautiful picture! Nice red.

Sylvia K said...

First of all, Happy Anniversary to you, Christine and to your husband! That's terrific and I hope celebrate royally! May enjoy many more! Next, the flower is breathtaking as is your photo! Marvelous colors and the detail is fantastic! Hope your weekend is going well! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Christine said...

Hi Makiko! I'm so glad you like this. I often think of you when I'm taking photos because I love your photography so much. ^^

Thank you Sylvia. Mr CC and I will be celebrating in style. I'm glad you like the poppy. Happy Sunday!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Your post processing of the Poppy is great. It really looks like a beautiful flower. Congrats on the anniversary. Have a nice day.

Christine said...

Thanks Chris. Your photography is inspiration to me.