Winter

Winter

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday - Tree Reflections

Pin It
Believe it or not, what I was trying to capture when I took this photo was the sun slipping down between the houses across the street. As I got out of my car, I caught a golden flash out of the corner of my eye and whipped out my camera, too late, it turns out, to get that golden flash. Bummed, I put my camera away.

Later, when viewing the photos on my computer, I saw that although I hadn't caught the setting sun, I had caught the reflections of numerous tree tops on the roofs of the cars in front of me. And although they're not actually shadows, I think they come pretty close.



Tracy's got more shadow shots for you down under at Hey Harriet. When you get there, leave her a nice comment would you?




Not a lot of gardening going on around here. As in none.  The wonderful sunny weather we had back in January had turned back into winter. March certainly can live up to the whole lion and lamb thing.

I hope there is more going on in your garden.







© Copyright 2006-2011, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved.

9 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Christine girl I think we are all reaching for "shadow shots" this week ! haha
I'm happy for the rain this weekend because it does melt the snow and we NEED that .. plus extra ground water to store is a good thing here : )
The reflection of those trees is like a mirror image it is so sharp ! .. I have done that too .. scrambled with the camera and .. lost opportunity and naughty words escape ? LOL
Great shot girl !
Joy

millie said...

i love to be happily surprised by a photo! i've done the same thing... wanting to catch something specific, missing the mark and then seeing something else beautiful instead!

Ms. Becky said...

you know, your accounting of what lead up to this shot is one of the more beautiful highlights of my shadow shot tour. thanks for sharing your heart. I hope you have a truly wonderful weekend. and the reflections are splendid too. if it had been red cars...not so much. oh, what do I know?

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Sometimes the accidental photos are the best!

SHADOW COUNTING

A shadow for one?
What fun, what fun!

A shadow for two—
In black or blue?

A shadow for three?
O my, O me!

A shadow for four?
Ah, mi amour!

A shadow for five?
Coming alive!

A shadow for six?
Light playing tricks!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadowy Variations

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous shadows!

My Shadow Shot, have a blessed Sunday!

Hey Harriet said...

You captured the reflections so beautifully! So no mutterings of 'bummer' from me!

I managed to get a little gardening done this weekend. Just before it started bucketing down with rain. Which worked out nicely :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Christine!

Hootin Anni said...

I wish my car was that clean to show tree reflections. But alas, it's still covered with winter 'soot'. Great photo.

Sunday's Link for you: My "Moon"rock Shadow

Anonymous said...

Wow! Stunning shot.

Christine said...

Thank you, all you Shadow Shooters! I'll be visiting each of you this week. Have a good one!