Winter

Winter

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer in my Garden - Baby Swallows

Pin It


I took these photos at the beginning of last week, when the parents were frantically feeding these hungry babies as they were getting ready to fledge.
The next day, sure enough, they began to fly, always returning to the nest and demanding to be fed by late afternoon.
The next day they were off again, flying further and further but always returning to a post near their nest to rest for a bit.
The next day they were gone.
Another successful launch.
I was so proud, you'd think I had something to do with it!


© Copyright 2006-2010, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I love your captures, Christine! The birds are so adorable and how terrific you were able to get such great shots! Have a lovely evening and a great Sunday!

Sylvia

Marvin said...

Great shots of all the hungry little mouths wanting fed. Watching young birds fledge is a great experience.

Hey Harriet said...

Haha! They're funny! They look like quite the handful. I bet the parents were pleased to see them fly off so they could enjoy some peace and quiet ;D