Winter

Winter

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wisteria Floribunda 'Violacea Plena'

Pin It

Coming into bloom now in my garden, I pass by this mass of deep amethyst flowers on a sturdy vine as I go to and from the greenhouse, the heady perfume making me stop for a moment and murmur a thank you to the wisteria goddesses.

I first grew Violacea Plena , a rare double-blossom wisteria, in my garden in the Sacramento Valley. I had just found the one and really didn't know what I had until it began blooming, as the tag didn't give its variety. When we moved up here, it took me several years to find another. Now they're more easily found, but not as popular as the singles. With their rich perfume, I can't imagine why.






Copyright © 2006-2009, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely wisteria, very interesting double one. My next door neighbours is flowering and very different to yours.
Anne

Christine said...

Hi there, Anne. Your talk about yours and your neighbor's plants, shrubs, and flowers makes me want to see them. Aside from getting there myself, have you thought about using your camera and starting a blog yet? :)

Teena in Toronto said...

I love the colours!

Happy blogoversary!

Christine said...

Thank you, Teena. It took your comment for me to see that it was indeed my blogaversary.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have time for a blog yet Christine. Some of my spare time is trying to get to grips with Photoshop!!
Anne