Winter

Winter

Monday, November 17, 2008

Today's Flowers: Passiflora purpurea

Pin It

I often photograph this flower, whose vine encircles a wire wreath outside my front door, not only because it's beautiful, but also because I'm never quite satisfied with the outcome. I am more satisfied with this photo than previous ones. Click on it to see the closeup.

Then check out the beautiful flowers that appear each Mondays at Today's Flowers; they are varied and wonderful.





Copyright © 2006-2008, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved



7 comments:

Arija said...

Lovely passion flower. I lost my huge passionfruit vine in last year's drought.

Mckay K said...

This is a beautiful passion fruit photo. You took a very clear detailed shot of this beautiful plant. Do they transfer well? I want to move mine, but I am afraid it will not return.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful passion flower and photo. Wish I could grow them here in Seattle. And thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my Begonias photo on Flowers for Today last week. Much appreciated! Sara

Christine said...

Thank you Arija. I'm so sorry you lost yours.

Thank you, too, McKay. Or should I call you K?
I got this plant from a friend who rooted it from her well- established vine some years ago. Last year I quite inadvertently whacked it's not so very big trunk down to within 12 inches of the ground, losing all the leaves and flowers. And this year you would hardly know such an accident happened. I think they are quite hardy, but if you don't want to actually dig it up, try rooting a cutting and go from there. Good luck.

You're welcome, Sara. I really enjoyed cruising around your blog.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty
Anne

Christine said...

Thank you, Anne. :)

Anonymous said...

What a unique and beautiful-looking flower. I've never seen it before.

Paz