Winter

Winter

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Miltonia Orchid

Pin It


Another exercise in lighting contrast, I placed this Miltoniopsis orchid in a translucent gauze-covered west window during a bright afternoon, adjusting the exposure so I was able to photograph the orchid while the background became almost white. You would never know that there are shrubs just outside the window.




The image just above is not a crop of the larger one on top even though it looks like it could be. I was  intrigued by the deeper colors created by petal overlap as the bright light shone through them and wanted a closer look.

I'm not sure where these exercises are leading me, if they are leading me at all, but I am enjoying the ride.


© Copyright 2006-2016, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved.

No comments: