Winter

Winter

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer in my Garden - Graham Thomas Rose

Pin It
It wasn't until my dear friend Erika commented that she hadn't seen any new photos on this blog that I realized how negligent I've been.  We returned from Portland and I immediately went into work mode, both in my office and on the grounds. (You would be amazed at how long blackberry canes can grow in 2 short weeks.)

Today Mr. Graham Thomas bloomed and released that heavenly, but very manly, scent for which he is so well known.  Scratch 'n' sniff monitors - has anyone invented one yet?

Happy Gardening!


© Copyright 2006-2010, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved.

6 comments:

Maki said...

Beautiful rose Cristine! Nice edge line of petals.
Thank you for your posting in your busy time.^^

Sylvia K said...

What an exquisite rose and I do so wish I have a scratch n' sniff monitor! Such a beautiful color! Terrific capture as always! Hope your week is going well, Christine! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Spadoman said...

Welcome home. We've missed you!
That is a very beautiful rose, no doubt! I can't imagine the work to maintain a flower garden. You seem to do a great job, thanks for sharing it with us.
I love blackberries. I planted four bushes here and they are doing good. My friend down in Fortuna has a "weall" of blackberries on one side of his yard. They are fabulous when the ripen. I stand there and eat loads of them!
I love the availability out where tyou live. The Arcata Farmers Market on Saturday mornings is second to none! Music and everything good to eat, fruit, veggies, herbs, flowers, you name it!
Thanks again, good to see you here.

Peace.

Christine said...

Thank you Maki. It's nice to be back. I love your new profile photo. ^^

Thanks Sylvia! Hope your week is going well. Enjoy the sunshine.

Hi Joe! Thanks for the welcome back. yes, I do love blackberries but they will take over our entire property if I don't keep them whacked back. Saturday farmers market in Arcata, you said it! I don't know what I'd do without it.

Adrienne said...

Your Graham Thomas is beautiful! But what are those tiny daisy like flowers under it? I want some for my bed. - Adrienne

Christine said...

Hi Adrienne, Thanks so much for stopping by. Those daisies you see are actually some that have been stepped on by my horse (who gets waaaay too close to my Graham Thomas). They are called Ox-Eye Daisies and they are indigenous here. They are perennials that can grow 2-3 feet tall and they spread like wildfire. If they weren't so pretty, I'd mow them down. :)
Not really. I hope this helps you to find some.