Winter

Winter

Saturday, February 06, 2010

A Brief Illumination

Pin It

After a gray wet day

All of a sudden the sky cleared

The sun "came out"

Of nowhere


It lit up the sky

Backlit the clouds

And was gone

Almost as if it had been an illusion


My camera and I chased its fleeting light
- All five minutes of it -
All over the yard

Just to capture those rays of glory

Of sustenance

Of hope

Of life

Of need

Of wonder

Of nurture


Before it sank beneath the horizon.

I have such a primal gut-deep soulful relationship with the sun.

Gosh, am I light deprived or what?



Ed note: An hour later it was raining as we made our way to our neighbors for dinner.

Just now, coming home, the stars are out, glistening like diamonds.

I can't wait for morning . . .



© Copyright 2006-2010, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Christine, these are lovely photos! I have always loved sudden weather changes and marveled at them. Here in Wisconsin, we rarely see sudden changes in winter, though, so yours are most welcome. They are magical!

Christine said...

Thank you so much Mimi. Living by the ocean as we do, the weather can change in an instant. Right now I'm wishing for more of those changes.

Maki said...

Yes, I think the rainy and cloudy sky before Spring lets me expect the next grace, that budding, blooming, and soft light.
Your photos warm my heart.^^

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Paz

Christine said...

Grace is a beautiful word for it, Makiko.

Thank you Paz. :)