Winter

Winter

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Winter in My Garden 2009 - Low Morning Solstice Sun

Pin It

I took this photo the morning before the solstice at about 7 o'clock. The camera angle was straight out from my eyes, not pointing skyward.

I say this because as I was walking up our road to feed the horse, a flash of light at eye-level caught my attention. At first I thought it was car lights in our neighbor's field, but I could hear no sound. And anyway, that would have been strange.

Peeking further through the thicket of shrubs, I saw that it was the sun. Just barely above the southern horizon, way across the neighboring pasture.

No wonder we don't see it until it clears the redwoods around 10 AM.





Copyright © 2006-2009, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Flowers said...

Nice blog with nice picture of flower. Your winter garden looks great. It was nice going through your blog.

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool!

Paz