Winter

Winter

Monday, November 12, 2007

Coastal Giant Salamander

Pin It

This is why we keep the edges of our property wild. In years past we would see many of this type of salamander through out the seasons. Now we come across them only once in a great while.

My son and I gently placed it in this shallow container for photo purposes only. We quickly put it back where it was found and it went on its gentle, merry way. Contrary to what I've read about these critters on line, I've picked them up numerous times and have never been bitten nor had one even posture that it would like to bite me. Still, given the warnings about their aggressive nature, I would not encourage more human interaction than the occasional photograph.



Copyright © 2006-2007, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved



2 comments:

Simona Carini said...

I love this critter. I also get all excited when I see one.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What don't you have in your garden? ;-)

Paz