Winter

Winter

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

California Cicada

Pin It

Don't believe it if you hear that Cicadas do not occur in California. They do. Taken in the River Park area of Sacramento, CA on June 24, 2007, this photo may have been taken by my son Joshua. We were both delightedly using my camera to get the best shot while this very docile creature didn't move at all. To find out more about cicadas, Google "cicadas in California".

Copyright © 2006-2007, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty prehistoric looking. And big! Very fascinating--D.

anna maria said...

I'm not big on insects, but I love the sound of cicadas on summer nights

Anonymous said...

I too love the sound of the cicadas, but never knew what they looked like until now, not what I was expecting!
Anne