Winter

Winter

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Trillium or Lily?

Pin It I spotted this yesterday, growing along a creekside trail just off the beach. It looks like a trillium, but I'm waiting for verification. I'll place a link when I know for sure.

3/26/07: I was too quick with the "publish" finger yesterday. Had I waited, would have changed the title of this post.

My friend Donna sent me the correct name of the beautiful and unusual lily pictured above: Fetid Adder's Tongue (Scoliopus bigelovii).

Also called "Brownies", I've walked by the foliage before and wondered about them but there were no compelling blooms to write home about. Had I seen anything like this, I wouldn't have passed up taking a photo.

Copyright 2006-2007, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful.
Anne