Winter

Winter

Friday, January 09, 2015

Oxalis Buds on the Rise

Pin It

I have this little clump of oxalis, or Wood Sorrel, that grows just under the wisteria off the path to the greenhouse. It all but disappears during the fall and early winter, then emerges with the rain and almost immediately begins to put out buds.  As it turns brown and raggedy before disappearing entirely in the fall, I often wonder if it will come back again.  So far, I have always been rewarded.

To see a photo of the flower fully opened, click here.


© Copyright 2006-2015, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, such a sweet flower and color! I love it!! And how brave it is!! Thanks as always, Christine for sharing the beauty of your flowers and plants and your world!!! Have a lovely weekend!

Stewart M said...

Hi there - and thanks for the comment over on my blog!
Leaves and water drops are a classic combination - really nice picture.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Digital Flower Pictures said...

It is a fun plant. I think it may be some type of bulb.