Winter

Winter

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ruby Tuesday: Red Velvet Curtain

Pin It

Recently, while spending some time with one of our sons in southern California, we decided to take in a movie and found ourselves at this very cool, historic movie house in Newport Beach.

Sitting there in the softly lit theater, munching on popcorn and waiting for the lights to go down, I was taken with the different patterns that the rows of seats stretching out before us were making.

So, I took this photo.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I can hear you now. Taking photos of chairs with that stupifyingly beautiful red velvet curtain staring you in the face?  I'll admit, sometimes it takes a two-by-four, or Photoshop, to show me the error of my ways.

This is my submission for this week's Ruby Tuesday. Brought to you by Magical Mystical Teacher and Gemma.  Head on over there to see all of this week's ruby red photos. And while you're at it, give MMT and Gemma a shout out for continuing this very popular blog event.



And I still think the seats are very cool.




© Copyright 2006-2012, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved.

6 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I love your red velvet curtain! Reminds me of the classy, old movie theaters that were the norm when I was young -- a hundred years ago!! Great capture for the day, Christine! Have a great evening!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

How cool! Don't live far from Newport Beach:) Also, On my Artistique blog I also showed a red curtain on a podium for RT2 :)

Same way with me - we seldom take the time to see a movie in the theater.

Kim, USA said...

The last full show. ^_^ Great red ruby find.

Red Barn

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such a rich velvet red on stage curtains adds a sense of luxury and elegance to a stage! I also remember way back when!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful shot. I love the curtains, especially. The theater looks very regal and comfortable. I think I would have been taking photos, too, if I were there.

Christine said...

Thank you all for stopping by. I must be more mindful about checking in with all of you!