Winter

Winter

Monday, April 25, 2011

Mellow Yellow Monday - Yellow Rocket Flowers

Pin It

Rocket, also known as arugula, self-seeds and grows quite rampant in my corner of the world. 

I will often pick a blossom and pop it in my mouth savoring the peppery sweetness that floods my tongue as I chew on the tiny morsel.  The leaves give a peppery kick to milder lettuce salads.

We used to have a lot more rocket around our yard but my gray Arab mare likes it: The day after I took this photo, I let her out to graze and in the blink of an eye the rocket was gone.



Mellow Yellow Monday features photos that feature yellow.

Start off your week with yellow. It's mellow.






© Copyright 2006-2011, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

forgetmenot said...

Christine, What a lovely Easter post. Sounds like there is no need to get the mower out with your mare around!! Very pretty little yellow flower on the arugula plant--I think I've had it in salads before. No, the tulips are not mine--they are courtesy of our botanical gardens. The gardens there are beautiful this time of year. Mickie :)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous photo!

Please come and see my yellow, have a great week!!

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful captures as always, Christine! I had a beautiful Arab mare years ago, your telling about her eating the rocket made me think of her. Hope your week is going well!

Sylvia