Winter

Winter

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday - Lamp

Pin It
It's been quite a while since I've posted a photo for Shadow Shot Sunday. Winter can do that to me - make me lose my sense of purpose. But if the buds on my shrubs and bulbs in full flower have anything to say about it, Spring is nigh upon us. A good reason to perk up and get with the program if ever there was one.

I took this shot in late fall/early winter last year. It's one of about a dozen lamps that line the long wall of Trader Joe's on Folsom Blvd. in Sacramento. I love the shadow distortion.

Please go on over to Hey Harriet's to see all the cool shadow shots this week.





Copyright © 2006-2009, Raven Ridge Gardens. All rights reserved



4 comments:

Catherine said...

lovely shot... the shadow is antique and the lamp modern...

Hey Harriet said...

Great shadow shot. The distorted shadow is cool. It's a cute squatty lamp now :)

Anonymous said...

I love everything in this photo -- the shadow, the sky, the wall, the color. Very cool pic. Glad you posted this.

Paz

Christine said...

Thanks so much for your accolades, Catherine, Harriet and Paz. I don't know how I missed that you'd left comments. Sorry about that!