Late Fall 2014

Late Fall 2014

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Mystery Fruit

Pin It

I first saw this fruit on the New England seacoast a few weeks ago. Finding it intriguing, and completely clueless as to what it was, I took a photo, determined to look it up as soon as possible. Imagine my surprise, on arriving home, to find the exact same fruit (in photo above) on a tree growing in my garden! Had I looked at the entire tree, back there in New England, I could have figured out its identity. At any rate, now I know what it is. Do you?

2 comments:

anna maria said...

I haven't got a clue, but it's a beautiful color! You must have an incredible garden, full of all sorts of flora and fauna,

christine said...

Hello Anna Maria,
My garden is indeed diverse and rather "messy", which is both a blessing and a curse. This is the fruit of Cornus Kousa, or eastern Dogwood. I was so surprised to see them lined up on a branch of my dogwood tree. When I opened one of these fruits, it was a bit soggy and fibrous. I've yet to taste one, but will let you know how it is when I do.
Thanks for stopping by.